LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 m6 Trans Am with Vortech V1 charger- Has rattling noise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 LT1 m6 Trans Am with Vortech V1 charger- Has rattling noise?

Ok, my buddy just brought home a 95 LT1 M6 T/A with 32k miles on it. Engine is all stock except BBK shorties, Walbro 255, 3" borla exh. and the Vortech with the Vortech FMU. It also has an MSD ignition box in the glove box that has adjustable retard. but then where the diagnostic port usually is there is a crane cams Hi-6TR retard unit and no diag port. Car has stock injectors and i do not think it has a tune on it also an MSD blaster 2 coil Stock opti and wires, and cats. emissions have been taken off except the Charcol canister which is is producing some nasty black soot behind the driver side headlight where it is mounted..

Anyways. While at idle, most of the centrifugal cars i've heard you can hear the WHHHHHHHHHHH high pitched whine coming from them. This one at idle has a Clack clack clack sound- like it is gear driven ( which im sure it is) but it has a really nasty sound to it. and then once you blip the throttle, it is still clacking but then you hear the WHHH just slightly. He got on it and the car kinda seemed like a dog, it didnt spin the tires or get squirly. Didnt seem to have a miss or anything either..

All stock supsension and everything... All stock besides whats listed above. - stock TB also..

Why does this car feel so slow and its supercharged and my car is N/A and off nitrous is still all over the place in 1st -3rd?

Also- could I take my reprogrammed ECU and put it in his car since we are both running stock injectors?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not positive or anything, but maybe the supercharger needs rebuilt?

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 m6 Trans Am with Vortech V1 charger- Has rattling noise?