PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with two codes... P0719 & P1626... Swap vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help with two codes... P0719 & P1626... Swap vehicle.

Hey everyone. First let me start by saying that this motor is a H/C motor from a 99 Z28. The Z was an auto car...prev. owner swapped to a T56. The entire driveline now resides in my 87 Trans AM.

I know what these two codes mean:
P0719 - Torque Converter/Brake Switch B Circuit Low
P1626 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Lost

Here are my questions. First on the P0719. Since its now an M6 car, is this code telling me anything I need to know? Or can I have my tuner get rid of it?

Second, the P1626. This one Im more concerned with. Previous owner tried to shut off VATS when I picked up the Z. However, once in my TA, it wouldnt stay running. I made a VATS bypass box, the car ran great. Knowing now it was a VATS issue, I bought a premade box since mine was kinda crude. Now, one day I forgot to plug my VATS box in, and the car started. Realized it after I was driving. Ever since then, this code has been popping up. Car starts every time, runs great. I read that if the PCM recieves the signal that it needs (50Hz), then there is a problem, the motor will stay running, and will start the next ignition cycle. Does it sound like my VATS module is having a short or an issue during driving?? I still have to double check for pinched wires, but I was pretty careful when putting it all together.

When I go to get a tune, Im going to have VATS completely elminated...and hopefully this time it sticks. Just looking for some input on those things. I just cant seem to get them to go away.

Justin
Old 03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill give it one "bump" before I let it die... Ill just wait and see if my tuner can take care of those little issues.

J.

Quick Reply: Help with two codes... P0719 & P1626... Swap vehicle.