Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Tuning

Well my STS kit, and new injectors shoudl be here soon. and was tryign to find out what the best way to go about tuning my 02 T/A. ill be running only 5 psi. completely stock motor. i was thinking "install everything and transport to Dyno shop" but they cost 450 for 1 hour of tuning.... any other way u guys would recommend?
Old 03-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Considering you are at square 0 and have such a heavy investment rolling your way so soon 450 if they know what they are doing really isn't such a bad deal. The learning curve for an average meatsack is pretty steep. I am sure after you have spent that much jack for the STS kit you are going to want some fun time with it. Learning how to tune with a forced induction setup would be the least fun/productive way for me to tell somebody to "Hey Yeah, Jump into it man!" If my judgement is on then, installl the STS kit, take it to a responseable shop, have it tuned. Sign up on both HPTs and EFI's Forums, hang out, read, research, ask questions and see who you feel the most comfortable with. The Forum/Product you choose will be your lifeline/schoolhouse, Church for learning the black arts. In the end they are both great products....the personalities on the forums will be a personal choice for you and your success with the product will depend on how comfortable you are with it/them. Bottom line, there is no pill that you can take to learn it all and become supertuner overnight. Years, and thousands of dollars have lead me to these conclusions-good luck.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Let me add/ask this....450 for 1 hour? Unless they already have something (a tune) pre set for a STS setup like you have it...Plus it will take at least 15 min to get your car prepped on the rollers and proper instrumentation set is that part of the whole kubuki theather too? It's just that I cringed when you said 450 an hour...but I digress, if the shop has delt with a STS setup like yours in the past then the 450 to tune your car would not be a bad thing. Dead cold, unless they use a Moates Road Runner with a custom operating system, I don't see how they will "tune" your car in a "hour." And even then that will be pushing things. That is if they are selling you a full drivability / max power tune VS. just a couple of WOT blasts, which in your case would be such a shame.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CantKeepemhooked
Well my STS kit, and new injectors shoudl be here soon. and was tryign to find out what the best way to go about tuning my 02 T/A. ill be running only 5 psi. completely stock motor. i was thinking "install everything and transport to Dyno shop" but they cost 450 for 1 hour of tuning.... any other way u guys would recommend?

depends on where you are at. you may run out of fuel (injector) but it could be close and you could be fine. just get the car to a dyno shop. drive it and DO NOT get into the throttle too much at all.

check out my link in my sig. its got my sts build.... and there is more to come as A LOT of things are changing with my setup
Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Thnx for info guys. and i dont plan on driving it with out a tune. ill just haul it to the shop. they do ALOT of ricers. i mean ALOT. cant go 1/4 mile around here without seeing "Pro-Motion" sticker on a window. they said they do alot of Domestics and assure me the tune will be fine.