LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine problem

i just installed 1.6 roller rockers like about 4 days ago and i was using just for cruising and today i raced on it till like 140mph and then i notice engine power loss i was decrising mph while full throttle i stopt and then my oil pressure went to 0 and when i would lightly give it gas it would go up a lil and then i opend my hood and it sounded like a loose quarter was in my valve covers and it leak oil from the passenger valve cover i checkt the oil no water or nothing like that insight what can be my problem
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the rocker arm come off? You could have spun a bearing from the sounds of the oil pressure loss. or your pickup tube could have come off of your oil pump. Your oil pump could have failed. If it did then you still can get crankcase oil pressure. 1-2 lbs mayby?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now i turned on my car the day before yesterday and it turned on like nothing oil pressure was up and allright and no nocking from inside the motor ??? now thats wierd do yall know anything that could of been wrong my friend is taking the motor all apart to see what can be wrong but if yall know of any other problems like this can yall PLZ post up the only thing i had diffrent is that i had lube in the motor and the oil was real thin and i hadnt changed it