Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 cobra ls1

Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 cobra ls1- couple ??s

I just bought this car from my friend. I got tired of the car sitting for 2 years. I just hooked the computer up for the first time and everything seems to work. I just need advice on the following, looking for cheaper ideas than what I have found so far.
- Need a throttle cable about 4 inches longer than a stock f-body non cruise control. Wondering what u other guys are using?
- Not sure who makes a longer hyd. line for the clutch, or if I can even change it out on the stock master.- just found on from mcleod.
- The only header ideas i've seen are using 351 headers with welded ls1 flanges. Making sure there aren't any longtubes for ls1s that will clear a mustang steering shaft.

All advice is extemely helpful.
Aside from the actual driving I hope to start it this weeked, n get some pics up.

Last edited by T23LS1; 03-27-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lokar makes a throttle cable that isn't too expensive. The clutch line is a problem. Do a search for clutch line adapter fittings. There are some posts that list an adapter fitting you can use and make your own clutch hose the length you need. I think there have been other users that have used the 351 headers with the LS1 flanges also.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks LS1MCSS. I found a truck throttle cable in a junkyard that was the perfect length and stock gm cables still fit the cobra gas pedal.

Search this Thread