Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 and LS7 For Endurance?

Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 and LS7 For Endurance?

Just curious about anyones experience and advice on using either an LS2 or LS7 for an endurance race application? Would either of these engines be durable enough bone stock or do they need significant upgrades for a maximuim effort endurance race application.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6.0 iron block ?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Launching!

hmmm, what do the LeMans cars run for 24hrs? But it's like everything else it's mainly in the preperation and how much abuse it will get. Are you a smooth driver, does the endurance have all high speeds, lots of down/up shifts, extended cautions, etc.......your typical street engine sees alot, but not nearly in the same league as all out racing. My 67 ran for 14 years on the street, gymkanas, time trials, cross country trips and never missed a beat without any modification/rebuild of the engine or trans (180,000miles+). Some times you get lucky!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Teching In

I guess I'm probably more interested in how durable they are with minor to no aftermarket upgrades. I do realize that they have ran in many different race series but those engines are highly modified, like the LS7's that are ran in the CORR Series and Robbie Gordon's Dakar Rally Hummer. I would like to find out anyones experience in some sort of extended racing with a relatively stock engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS2 and LS7 For Endurance?