Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my tranny gave out on my way home.... help me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think my tranny gave out on my way home.... help me!

Ok folks. I do not know if its the problem yet, or for that matter, how in the world it happened. 31000 miles, on the car. I was merging onto the highway, going about 70 miles an hour, hit my gas to get on in front of a semi, damn morning commuters, and bam, light smoke everywhere, filled the car, and surrounded it as well. Now, the car is procharged, and I figured that either the tranny or the rear end would be going here pretty soon. I personally have only owned the car and driven it for about 2 months, the installation and work was done by a shop in Nevada, and driven by the previous owner. It was the 4L60E transmission, with the stock 10 bolt rear end. I can still drive the car, just not over 50 miles and hour, and it does about 2500 rpm at 50 miles an hour, car just revs when it hits about 30-40 then I have to let off in order for it to shift, hence the reason I think its the tranny. Does ANYBODY know what it may have been? And if its the tranny. Where can I buy one that will last me? and how much will it cost. God I love this car, but it has been causing a lot of grief lately.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like the 3-4 clutch has failed . Please take a look at our website

Call 888-744-6542