Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Its finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Its finally here!

The big package just arrived and I took some pics. Finally its no longer a dream, its reality now. It will still be a while before its built and in the car, but little by little it will come together. I'm gonna go buy an engine stand now and it will be daily motivation sitting in the garage.

Its a L92, gonna be stroked to a 415 or up to a 418.

Ported L92 heads, port matched intake manifold (L76). Monsterous cam, nice pistons, nitrous rings, all good stuff. Gonna upgrade the k-member and a-arms to save weight, maybe a TH400 (undecided), Yank 3800, and some other stuff, but thats the basics.

I'm only gonna gather some of the parts myself, heads, intake and stuff. Nick Newton at Newtech Performance will get the rest for me and build it.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember when I got one of those crates from Scoggins. It was like Christmas morning as a kid!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Im doing pretty much all the exact same things as you and was wondering if you priced everything out? I priced it all out and it came so close to what scoggin dickey charges for their assembled 416 stroker l92 and they include all the covers and harness extensions and I even think a timing set. Just wondering what kinda stuff you are putting in yours and how much you have added everything up to cost. Im in the same boat as you saving little by little and putting things together when they arrive. Let us know!!

Thanks,
Nick
Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

i'm probably gonna run some different parts than the whole motor that sdpc sells. also i don't have the money for an entire block at the moment.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
i'm probably gonna run some different parts than the whole motor that sdpc sells. also i don't have the money for an entire block at the moment.
It's true that I would have saved a bit of money buying a long block LS7, but it's hard to come up with the cash all at once. That's the nature of hot rodding, isn't it?

Quick Reply: Its finally here!