Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jeep wrangler radiator question

Old 03-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jeep wrangler radiator question

I friend dropped off a 91 wrangler for me to try to finish up what had been started by someone who lost interest. It has a 96 lt1/700r4 in it, I have it running and moving now but was trying to tie up some loose ends (ie head steam vent) when I got to thinking about the radiator thats in it. The radiator he used has the top hose at the very very top of the radiator, and it is routed to the waterneck. the driver side hose goes to the bottom. I know people run thier hoses in this configuration, including me, on an ls1 rx7, but the pass outlet was a few inches below the top of the rad. With the outlet being almost on top of the radiator, I don't think this one is going to work, because it won't be getting a good flow into the motor. I think lt1/ls1 swaps use the same radiators, so what are you guys running, or do you think this one will work. Any help appreciated.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Teching In

I used the stock LS1 radiator and fans in my '87 Wrangler w/LS1. It was a tight fit but I heard the stock radiator wouldnt cool it good enough.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply, I think this is an aftermarket radiator for a sbc swap, it is pretty thick and I think would do the job if the outlet was a few inches lower.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: jeep wrangler radiator question