Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Reward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA guys...Reward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys ive been looking for the original owner of my camaro ss for 4 months now and nobody will own up to it. im going to send the person who finds the previous owner of my car a money order for $100. the car was originally from and owned in va. here are some pics of it at the dealership in new jersey when i bought it. Also a sound clip of what the car sounds like. if your have any other questions please feel free to ask. remember, first person to get me in contact with the real owner gets the money. vin is 2G1FP22G1Y2169216
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by twokss; 03-29-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds to me there are unknown mods/problems....
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

no problems at all. just unknown cam size...which is kind of hurting my tune.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

How about something as simple as the vin. # of the car??? vin. can be traced to dealer where car was originally delivered when new. Dealer should have records as to whom the vehicle was sold to..... WJ
Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

vin is posted in thread now
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

so, do some legwork and give yourself the money order.....
Old 03-29-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

i already traced the car back to the original dealer...they wont give out the info on the owner. and before someone suggests carfax...that doesn't give any info on previous owners either.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by twokss
i already traced the car back to the original dealer...they wont give out the info on the owner. and before someone suggests carfax...that doesn't give any info on previous owners either.
Call the dealer... ask to talk to the Service manager. He wont give out the original owners info, but you can give him your info and ask him to forward it to the original owner. It's worked for me before.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

ill give that a try if this tread leads me nowhere...which it looks like its going to. i cant believe that no one on the east coast has seen this car before. if anyone is on any va fbody forums...could you post a link to this thread. would be much appreciated.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Also, being a SS, the car had to go thru SLP....possible that they have original owner's name, esp. if there were any warranty issues w/ SLP equipment on the car......Maybe they'll help out--maybe not. Depends on their mood that day....most of the time their (SLP) attitude sucks. WJ
Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Question

i cant believe that no one on the east coast has seen this car before.
I can easily believe that no one has seen that particular car. While pewter SSs aren't exactly common it's also not like there is anything extraordinarily exclusive about this one car either.

Good luck in your search though.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

going thru any type of dealer/company(slp) is going to be virtually impossible, unless i do what Nautilus said and give the dealer my info and tell them to give it to the original owner...even that is a long shot. im kind of hoping that the owner just got rid of it to get something else...ya know like a vette or,gto,cts-v,and still comes on the boards. tommorow i will make some more calls but today im just gonna let this post ride out and see what happens.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I can easily believe that no one has seen that particular car. While pewter SSs aren't exactly common it's also not like there is anything extraordinarily exclusive about this one car either.

Good luck in your search though.
very tru...but it does have some flaws that would stand out to someone if they used to own it.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

very tru...but it does have some flaws that would stand out to someone if they used to own it.
True, it would be truly cool if the former owner actually was a regular on this board/this section.
Did you try the EFA (Eastern F-body Association) board as well, they're pretty big down in MD/VA?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

i took a look around the site...like at meeting pics and what not but have not posted anything. i was hoping that someone with a screen name on that board would copy this link on that site tho.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can't tune the car without the specs then find another tuner. It's not like your putting the car into orbit.

It's just another camaro, dime a dozen. Quite possible no one has ever seen it. There are more than a handful of f-bodies around the east coast.

All of the time and money your willing to spend to just find cam specs, sounds weird and I wouldn't give you the info either. If it was really bothering you that much you'd get a new cam or toss it in a machine and find the specs. Somethings weird here.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
If you can't tune the car without the specs then find another tuner. It's not like your putting the car into orbit.

It's just another camaro, dime a dozen. Quite possible no one has ever seen it. There are more than a handful of f-bodies around the east coast.

All of the time and money your willing to spend to just find cam specs, sounds weird and I wouldn't give you the info either. If it was really bothering you that much you'd get a new cam or toss it in a machine and find the specs. Somethings weird here.
yea dude its a huge conspiracy. you got me......are you serious?? really? i just would like to know what size cam is in the car. is that so much to ask? but yea your probally right it would be easier to spend $400 on a new cam and tear my car apart. orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....i could make a post and hope that the original gets in touch and tells me more about the car...for free. and where did i spend "all kinds of money"? i made a few calls and a few posts. never broke the bank. also where did i say that i was puting my extremely rare car into orbit? and cartek tuned the car. not some kid in his backyard. who gives a **** how common they are i just want to know what the deal with the car is.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just said it was weird....the car couldn't be tuned. We all know Cartek can tune anything. Then you said Cartek can tune it but you want to know the specs. Whatever, I don't really care but don't be surprised if the guy doesn't show up out of the blue. The owner is likely some 90 year old guy who doesn't even know what the internet is, nevermind a fourm, or ls1tech.com, or the eastern fourm, or read it often.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

if you dont car why did you post?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

nothing is wrong w/ his car. i drove it last nite, its got power.

the car from what i could see has......

ITS A 2000 SS

LS6 intake
possibly ported TB. defhas the bump stop mod
blue anodized MAF Ends
241 heads....... not sure if they are ported
SLP LTs
Volant intake
cam
box SFCs
LCAs
pro 5.0shifter w/ stock handle