General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My Z28 was almost stolen.GRR...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My Z28 was almost stolen.GRR...

Some **** tried to steal my car the other night. I'm on business in Virginia beach right now and have my car stored at my dad's house. I just put new 35th style SS rims on it and new tires with lockers too. My dad pulled the battery as is was almost dead and he was charging it. Anyway they pulled up in a black dodge ram and hopped out and into my car. It was unlocked as it's out in the country and not in town. Anyway, 1 guy get's in the car and my dog started to bark. My dad get's up and goes out to the kitchen and see's these guys messin' around by my car and one inside. It's late at night so he threw on his jeans and grabs my Rugger 9mm from his case. When they saw the bedroom light go on the figured they'd best get outta there and the were starting to leave. My dad ran out and grabbed his keys to his silverado and chased after them. They went into this big storage shed about 2 miles away. It had black plastic over the windows and you couldn't see inside. Next day my dad called the Sheriff and told them what happened. I guess they got a warrent and found a chop shop ring inside. They'd been stealing car's locally and chopping them apart. I guess they'd been scopping my car out for a while but never saw it outside much. The one guy said they were originally going for the rims but it had lockers and when they tried to take the whole car they realised the battery was out and they didn't have the stuff to jump it. The sheriff called my dad to update him and told him what one of the guys said i guess. GRR people **** me off. It's good i wasn't around or they'd have been picking slugs outta their asses. I'd have gotten my pants on MUCH faster Is this common with Z28's and T/A's? I know that nice ones are getting hard to find but i've heard of alot of these cars being stolen lately.~Cole~
P.S. the only damage i guess was my ignition was a little scratched up and the key hole was a little disfigured. Insurance is replacing it i guess before i get back.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, thats terrible. I would of fired a few shots to make sure they knew NOT to come back and **** with my stuff any more.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had that problem due to my car is garaged lol But lucky your dog barked.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Man, thats f-ked up. The thought of someone taking my baby makes me sick. Good thing they were inept, you still got your Z28!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah when he called i could feel my bloodpressure rise and i kinda got a little sick. I woulda killed if i'd been there so it's good i was outta town.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, it was a good thing you weren't there, and sounds like your Dad did the right thing, and busted up their little ring.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Wow man. Glad they coudln't steal it. I didn't know that these cars are bein stolen alot?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damm That Sucks, But That's Good That Your Dad Had The Ruger Around
Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

thats a GJ to the old man for sure, hopefully that ring is busted down for good, f'n low lives
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have heard of 3rd gen's being easy to steal, coming in through the TTop some how?

With out cars not having a lining around the window makes them somewhat easy to get into also, pry the window open and reach in with a straight hanger and hit the unlock button. I went to test drive a TA before I got mine and this is what the dealership started to do because they thought the keys got locked in the car.

What would be funny is to see someone steal one of the members cars that is pushing 900+ WHP and try to run away. I could just picture a police chase with that... "They are trying to get away... there is smoke coming out of the back of the car! They are going to dust us! Oh wait... they just spun out because they don't know how to handle the power!"
Old 03-29-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Good save by dad, but tell him to fire off a few rounds next time
Old 03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rawr256
Have heard of 3rd gen's being easy to steal, coming in through the TTop some how?

With out cars not having a lining around the window makes them somewhat easy to get into also, pry the window open and reach in with a straight hanger and hit the unlock button. I went to test drive a TA before I got mine and this is what the dealership started to do because they thought the keys got locked in the car.

What would be funny is to see someone steal one of the members cars that is pushing 900+ WHP and try to run away. I could just picture a police chase with that... "They are trying to get away... there is smoke coming out of the back of the car! They are going to dust us! Oh wait... they just spun out because they don't know how to handle the power!"
When they stole my 450hp IROC, I couldnt believe nobody noticed. THey stole that from right outside my bedroom window. I had manual valve bodies, a B&M shifter, and a bunch of other things. I always figured it was somebody that knew what was in the car.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well good work by your dad, atleast that one less chop shop. Still sucks to even know someone tried to steal it but at least they did't get away with it.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems that's how it happeneds most times.. they will scope out a car for a few days or more and see when is a good time to go after the car, or plan out the best way to take it. I've had a car stolen from me before but that's because I really didn't expect it to happen.

When I leave the car while on a vacation or something I will take out fuses, wires, battery, shift **** haha, anything to deter my car from being a prime steal. Also at night I try to block in my car so its not last in the driveway. Small things like that help alot it seems. I'm glad you still have your Z though!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow thats crazy your only about 50 miles northwest of me, glad I keep mine garaged and good to hear they didn't get away with it
Old 03-29-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

dude you are so lucky the battery wasnt in the car. Yea one of the guys at my school got his truck stolen at lunch and they found it the next day with EVERYTHING stripped off it. Really sad. I cant stand people like that. Glad your dad was able to find the place where they do their stuff.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

God some people are such lowlifes, if they get a real job they could afford to have one of their own (to their preference).
Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Funny how stupid they were to actually flee to the chop shop. You would think the is #1 rule for them is "if running from someone don't come here."
Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Glad your car is ok. It would of been cool if your dad would of put a slug in one them. I hate thieves
Old 03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Veteran

that sucks man, just like everyone else said though, I would have fired a couple shots in the air to let those ******* know I was there