Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Issues with 38mm offset and KDWs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with 38mm offset and KDWs?

I have 18 x 9.5s up front with a 275/35 tire and 18 x 10.5s out back with 295/35 with a 38mm offset all around. I'm reading that the KDWs are one of the "wider" tires, in relation to all other tires the same size. With such an aggressive offset, do you think it's too "wide" of a tire for this application?

Basically, I'm trying to avoid the tires sticking out past the lip of the wheel well. Also, would there be any rubbing issues up front and would I have to roll the fenders in the rear? I have Koni S/A shocks with Hotchkis 1" lowering springs. I did some research and found that "Xsta Z 28" has the same offsets and tire sizes and had some rubbing issues and that's without the KDWs. Trying to avoid the same damage he incurred.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T T T
Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

KDW tires do not come in those sizes . . . I assume you mean KDW2's?

Up front the only issue I've had is at full lock turn the tire rubs the inner wheel well liner, at the front. No biggie there:

Out back, the passenger side tire, periodically contacted the wheel well lip. causing a few moinor scrapes into the tread blocks of the tire. Seen here:

I did wind up rolling the rear quarters just a bit with the Eastwood roller. to avoid the scrapes. My car is lowered about 1.25" wiith custom springs and SLP Bilstiens.

Profile pictures:

Quick Reply: Issues with 38mm offset and KDWs?