Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need help on diagnosing squeaking from RR...

Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help on diagnosing squeaking from RR...

Hey about 20000 miles ago a nailed a curb at around 30. I thought I had bent my axle shaft on the RR and possible damaged the bearing. Well I ended up swapping my fluid and pulling that shaft today. We checked it with a 3 foot yard stick and it's 100 percent true and straight. Basically when I brake or sometimes at random I have a nice little squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak. Thats what it sounds like and its more noticable during braking. I didn't understand how to get the old axle bearing out and ran out of time so I put it all back together. Ok so here are my main questions:

How do you remove and replace the axle bearing? I could see it but the seal and whatever plastic or metal piece that was in front of it was blocking my removal. Do I need a special tool?

Can the reluctor ring cause a squeak?

Its no doubt in the RR so I just think its the axle bearing. Do you think and impact like that could have messed it up causing to squeak under different stresses such as braking?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
Old 04-01-2007, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt...

Search this Thread