Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Goin FMIC on my T/A, couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Goin FMIC on my T/A, couple ?'s

Well I am currently setting up my FMIC on my 94 trans am and wanted to get some feedback from people before I jumped the gun and did something a worse way then other people have done. the Questions im looking to have answered are...

1. Did you cut the entire bottom out of the front crossmember bumper thing? and if so, whatd you do to connect the bottom of the bumper where the 3 pushclips go after it all went back together?

2. Did you leave, modify, or remove the black plastic panel that runs up behind the washer reservoir? to me it looks like with it in, itd be a huge restriction to airflow for the intercooler.

3. I notice that alot of people run the pipe from the throttle body elsbow to the passenger side and down where the coolant overflow was. Ive got alot of radiator/heater hoses right there and its pretty tight where pushing them dwn under the piping might push em into the alternator pulle, how did you address this?

4. Where did you locate your airfilter after the IC pipes are now filling the front of the bumper where most kits usually mount them at?

5. If you kept the stryofoam impact absorber, whatd you use to cut it? Where did you cut it? I made a few cuts and its making a huge mess.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

1. Yes but I didn't cut it completely out, just cut a big opening in the front so air can flow.
2. I ditched the plack plastic in there, didn't seem usefull to me.
3. I ran the pipe through a hole under the fuse box on the drivers side, have to remount the fuse box out of the way.
4. I havn't got to that issue yet so interested to see what others did.
5. I shaped my foam around my intercooler, just used a wood blade with a handle.

I'll try to post pics later.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

subscribing
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm Jake@epp, and Jake can e-mail you our front mount intercooler instructions. The pic's and instructions will answer your questions. Bob
Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to the top

Quick Reply: Goin FMIC on my T/A, couple ?'s