Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E Problem

the other day i was messing around in my car and noticed that when at WOT my car's shifting was kinda slow. see it wouldn't bounce off the rev limiter it sounded like it didn't want to shift out of gear but it would shift to the next gear. see this used to be my dad's daily driver. he did a stock tranny rebuilt in it about 30,000 miles. daily driver. with quite a bit of racing. lol. he thinks as long as the tranny has fluid in it it's good. see the tranny fluid still looks clean doesn't look different color than what it's supposed to look. and one of the tranny lines is kind of leaking a little bit. do you think i should replace the lines and service the tranny or would it be something major internally? need help ASAP. the car is a 94Z A4. 3.23's out back.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds pretty normal actually.is this something that it just started doing or is this just the first time you have had the car at WOT and are just noticing? Most A4s have this same problem and it can be fixed with a shift kit.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i used to use it when he had it. see it would shift a little bit harder than what it does right now. how many do you have to change the fluid or service it? i think i will start by that.