Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clunking noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunking noise

So I have had my issues with this latest install... The problems continue. Just got a built 4L60E and alum ds and installed last weekend. Now, when i am driving around 2400-2700 RPMs i can feel a vibration. Also, when I manually shift from 1st to second and second to 1st there is a really bad clunking noise. I am having trouble diagnosing it..... It only happens between that 1-2 shift, but this is a newly rebuilt tranny so it shouldnt have any problems. it sounds like something is loose or something. is it possible the TC isnt seated? anything you can tell me would be good thanks.

Kyle
Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Its hard to say , I have heard people say that the aluminum shaft do transfer more noise and vibration , But I would check my torque bar bushing

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

I checked that.... it sounds like it coming from more up front to me.... although thats not set in stone It just feels like it or something...... anything?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Its very difficult to determine the source of a drive train noise, as it tends to transfer through the whole drive train and can even appear louder in a place wheres its not originating , If the trans uses super servos shift kit etc they will will also make clunk sounds and downshift backlash much more noticabale than they were with the stock trans,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

if thats the case should I be worried? Is it a really serious issue? I mean, I know I am asking you to tell me this having never heard the noise, but if thats what it is, should I get it looked at? It only does it on the manual shifting. when it shifts itself no noises.....
Old 04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Honestly as long as everything is tight underneath I wouldnt worry, Alot of people are surprised to fine that the normal driving and light throttle shift feels is very different in a built trans and also of not when you are manually shifting the overun clutch comes on and that will make you feel every little clunk or bump as oposed to OD where the sprag is alowed to freewheel which reduces the shock or clunk feel , Basically if the trans works ok I would not worry about it its probably all good just a different feel than your used too

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

well that is definitely good to hear. I am putting her up tonight and taking a look at all the works and make sure everything looks in order. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Clunking noise