Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

not gonna make it out this year

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default not gonna make it out this year

I have came to the reality that i will not be making it out this year , my wife will not be working this summer due to school for her teaching degree, she has her masters degree. this is a sacrafice I had to make seeing she will be making over 30+ a hour in september with those degrees. I will have to pick up on all the bills in the house hold plus 3 kids 2 of them teenagers. So far i have a complete long block built for boost. My car was a v6 so i dont have no type of computer system, fuel system including injectors and harness for it yet.

370 ci-je pistons 8 to 1, callies rods, stock crank, custom cam, morel lifters, dart heads.

what i wanna know is can i just for now put the edelbrok carb system on my car and drive it for now till i get the rest of the money to finish my turbo kit? I know the cam specs is built for turbo application my car would be a pig with out boost but i just wanna atleast drive it for now. mabe even a little shot of nos. what do you all think about that?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will htat cause issues with ring seating? if not i say go for it bud!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the money you would pay for the intake and carb setup I would just get a stock intake harness and comp. from the junk yard or somewhere and slap it on!! would be just like a stocker with the exeption of the built internals!! Unless you plan on using that intake and putting injectors in it later!! If thats the case I would agree with that path!!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Sure can. Back when I put my 8:1 346ci in my car I had it running NA first.

Quick Reply: not gonna make it out this year