Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just intalled SLP bolt-in subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just intalled SLP bolt-in subframe connectors

I've just installed SLPs bolt-in subframe connectors. It was a serious pain in the *** to do, even with my friends lift. I think my chassis was twisted/bent, a couple holes didnt line up perfectly. I ended up having to slightly widen one of the holes in the connector. But, anyways, I'm not all that impressed after driving with them. The car doesnt feel too much stiffer really. I was very reluctant to buy the bolt-ins because I hear bolt-ins still allow some movement. But, it seemed like it was going to be a big ordeal to find someone to weld them in. Does anyone lese have theses subframe connectors? I have completely stock suspension right now and the car has 92000 miles on it? Do you think with some good springs/shocks everything will work together better? I'll take some pics of the connectors soon.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by michaelg589
I've just installed SLPs bolt-in subframe connectors. It was a serious pain in the *** to do, even with my friends lift. I think my chassis was twisted/bent, a couple holes didnt line up perfectly. I ended up having to slightly widen one of the holes in the connector. But, anyways, I'm not all that impressed after driving with them. The car doesnt feel too much stiffer really. I was very reluctant to buy the bolt-ins because I hear bolt-ins still allow some movement. But, it seemed like it was going to be a big ordeal to find someone to weld them in. Does anyone lese have theses subframe connectors? I have completely stock suspension right now and the car has 92000 miles on it? Do you think with some good springs/shocks everything will work together better? I'll take some pics of the connectors soon.
If you arent impressed with the install, then either:
1) The bolt-in's suck compared to weld-in's, or
2) You did it wrong somehow.

I had weld-in's put in myself. By the way, a local exhaust shop was happy to do this for me for a measly $50, and they did a great job - just make sure the shop knows HOW to do it. The feeling of before and after, was HUGE - no more body twist taking turns up a hill and whatnot, no more squeeking...MASSIVE improvement. I wish it was one of my 1st mods, seriously, but I waited a while to do it.

I'd personally get some weld-in's to replace the bolt-in's, but I know how it feels replacing something you JUST bought with something else...

Oh, by the way, when I had it done the only suspension mod I had at the time were a pair of LCA's. Nothing more, so you should notice a huge difference with a good set of them and nothing else.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just have some one weld up your current SFC's, no need to get different ones. This is what I will be doing.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Once you get the SFC's sorted out then get the LCA's - you'll notice a huge difference in handling and of course when "launching".
Old 04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dr. Jeckel
Just have some one weld up your current SFC's, no need to get different ones. This is what I will be doing.
I had thought about this before. But I wasnt sure if it was OK to weld the bolt-ins. Also, how much will it cost to have them welded?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the SLP bolt ins and could feel a difference right away. We just had sportlines on the car at the time, but it drove completely different, in a great way. Well, besides getting hung up on the drive on lift after the install. Now, we have all the mods in my sig, and the car drives great.

Normally the only difference between bolt-in and weld in is a couple of holes drilled for the bolts, so its no big deal to weld them. One of these days, im going to get my *** out there, fire up my MIG and weld them bastards in.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My shop would probably charge me about 25-30 bucks probably.

Quick Reply: Just intalled SLP bolt-in subframe connectors