Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Locker???? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locker???? HELP!!!

i was wondering what lockers you guys that run them have, i installed a detroit e-z locker in my truck and it SUCKS when i first got it in, my passenger side axel would not lock in so i had to take it apart and i found a burr on one of the locker teeth and it wast letting it engage to i buffed it up and put it back together, and when im driving on a flat strait highway it will dissengage and engage over and over again one side after the other, both of my tires are brand new so they are the same size, and when i nail it, it will lock it for a sec and then i will hear a loud bang and it dissengages and my whole truck will shake and the engine will rev up like i put it in neutral, after i let out it will lock back up and will start dissengagin and engaging again, ive had it apart like 4 times and cant find anything wrong i throught that there wasnt enough spring preasure but i shimmed the springs up and it still does it, NOW i am going to try to return it back to summit and get a Power trax no slip locker its like twice the price but hopefully it will work, have any of you delt with lockes and could reccomend one for me and help me out with the one i got,

Thanks

Ryan
Old 04-04-2007, 09:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It certainly sounds like you got a bad one. I would call Detroit's number and tell them what it is doing. Bob