Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Recommend a good CT muffler/exhaust shop ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Recommend a good CT muffler/exhaust shop ??

Looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for a good, reputable muffler/exhaust shop here in CT. I want to get the u-bend and resonator delete, and put on a pair of flowmasters & tips...

looking to see what other places people have had good work done at, since I don't know if I'd trust my car at a Monroe/Meineke muffler shop.

thanks!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All i can recommend is staying away from the average muffler shop, unless you know the tech, it might just be a hack job.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very true, don't trust the local shops.

I use Morrison & Johnson Inc. out of Tolland,CT for all my performance installation(that i cannot do in my garage), they are very trustworthy and do an awesome job.

FWIW: These guys fixed all the exhaust leaks from a previous install job from a local shop from my old camaro.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of CT are you from?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I'm in Woodbury...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I'm in Woodbury...
Well no ****... I'm in woodbury too, unfortunatly I dont know of any good local exhaust shops, but I'll check around.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

really? where? haven't seen your camaro around anywhere.... not that I can remember anyway... LOL

Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Resident

You'd remember it if you saw it... or actualy, you would have heard it.

I miss my true-duals...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

now that you mention that, I was a few cars behind a camaro one day (a month or so ago) getting on exit 15 for 84 W, around 7am-ish.... was getting on it a little up that ramp and exhaust was loud, but tinny sounding I thought, didn't sound too healthy... could have been someone else though too...

Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Resident

Well a few months back I switched to a Borla catback (which I hate with a passion), and my car frequently sounds like ***... so it might have been me lol.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend Jannetty Racing in Waterbury. They did a custom Flowmaster system with stock tips on an 06 Monte recently...
Old 04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

really?? nice!!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
CT Hotness

Yep! And they are really close to you so that is really good
Old 04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Internet Mechanic

Car got dropped off today, I spent the better part of 4 hours learning how a TH-400 goes back together, Ted knows his ****. My exhaust is getting done tommorrow
Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Ive heard all very good things about Jannetty.

But, a kid came into work last week with a turbo'd cavalier (and he told me it was a budget build) but it was hacked together. After seeing that (and he told me they did all the work), I wouldn't let them do any physical work on my car. Maybe tune it, but I think ESP will be doing that.

I can suggest one shop here in town, although they are sticklers about emissions stuff. Budget Auto Center. Southington.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by Specialized

But, a kid came into work last week with a turbo'd cavalier (and he told me it was a budget build) but it was hacked together. After seeing that (and he told me they did all the work), I wouldn't let them do any physical work on my car. Maybe tune it, but I think ESP will be doing that.

I can suggest one shop here in town, although they are sticklers about emissions stuff. Budget Auto Center. Southington.
Not sure who did that, as my man works there and I have never heard of the car going in for work? And he basically tells me the bulk of what comes in, but I will ask him. And, if it was a budget build, I am not sure why he went to Jannetty's because they are definitely not the cheapest place in town, but they do great work.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
Not sure who did that, as my man works there and I have never heard of the car going in for work? And he basically tells me the bulk of what comes in, but I will ask him. And, if it was a budget build, I am not sure why he went to Jannetty's because they are definitely not the cheapest place in town, but they do great work.
Yea, I don't think he went there either, I dont think Specialized knows the whole story. I've known Ted for more years then I care to admit, even I dont go there expecting a free ride, good work comes at a good price. He's been doing it since the 80's.

For all we know the kid came in for a tune. I think I know the cavalier that he is talkin about, the kid built his own system, couldnt run a front bumper or some non sense. Maybe they tried to help

But in Life you can't polish a turd.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:33 AM
CT Hotness

I honestly think that is the case, Aaron, but I will talk to Nick later and ask him because I am sure he knows the story. There are people that go there (and I know this is common at any shop) trying to do their own work that mess things up. Unless they are specifically coming in to have all the hack fixed, the shop is not going to redo it all that someone else came in with.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

I tried asking the kid more info, because I had never heard of a bad situation about Jannetty's (EVER). I know Jay (with the 95 s/c'd cobra) and he preaches about them. I wasn't trying to stir up trouble, just stating what I saw/heard from the kid with the cavi. Car had like 10 codes that I wrote down on paper for him, too. Neat idea, the kid was basically just a tool though- had no idea what he was talking about, didn't know what was going on.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Specialized

Jannetty Racing Never did a Turbo Cavalier and If we did I can assure you it would be of the highest quality work.

I just can't believe that people would Lie like that and try and tarnesh someones Impecable reputation.

Ted.