Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see some pics of your radiator mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Let's see some pics of your radiator mounts

Hey I going to be using the factory 98 camaro Radiator and fan on my LS1 swap in my Toyota Rockcrawler. I dont even know how they are mounted from the factory since I cant find any mounting locations on the radiator and cant add any since its uses plastic tanks.

I guess Im going to use a cradle mount on the bottom and a clamp mount on the top.

I'd like to see how you guys are fabbing up your radiator.

I'm NOT limited to space since I cut the whole front end off the truck.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Regular

well here's mine, not a truck but you get the idea....
also acts as a skidplate to protect the bottom from dents and damage. I laid down a length of small silicone tubing front to back across the lower mount about 3 inches inward from each end, for the rad to sit on and not touch any of the mount so there is no wear and tear on it and it still has some shock absorption.

pretty simple bent aluminum bar on the sides and top, I covered the aluminum in radiator hose to prevent wear and tear but thats probably overkill.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see some pics of your radiator mounts-rad-lower-mount.jpeg   Let's see some pics of your radiator mounts-rad-upper-mount.jpeg  

Last edited by owen v8litew8; 04-05-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Default radiator mounts

I installed mine by welding a length of angle iron on my radiator support and and then taking a length of 3/4 heator hose and sqeezing it dow in the track on the bottom of the radiator and I then put two strips of rubber insulation down the face where it would prevent rubbing between the support and radiators. I then put another length of hose in the top track of the radiator and used another length of angle Iron to secure the radiator by bolts to the support snugged it down and had no room for vibrationn and no direct contact with any of the core.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is how I went about doing it on my swap project. This was the best way I could figure out to mount it. I used foam to isolate it some from the vibrations. I still have yet to make up the upper mount that will be sheet metal that I will use to make it so the radiator won't go up and I'm going to try to bend it up so that it will serve as the upper mount for the fans as well:

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL828.../244095256.jpg

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL828.../244095212.jpg

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL828.../244095271.jpg