Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do I really need to chance my shocks soon?

Old 04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Do I really need to chance my shocks soon?

I am going to be swapping out my stock springs with a friend too his Eibach Pro-kit springs. My car has the Bilstein upgraded suspension. So I was wondering if I would need to change out my shocks right away, or get new ones. Their the origionals, but right now I am a little too strapped for cash to change them. I want revalved Strano Bilsteins. My car is almost 50k miles old, and their the origionals. Also, how long would I be able to go before I needed an alighnment?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

just bringing this to the top cause I need it answered.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jewbacca
I am going to be swapping out my stock springs with a friend too his Eibach Pro-kit springs. My car has the Bilstein upgraded suspension. So I was wondering if I would need to change out my shocks right away, or get new ones. Their the origionals, but right now I am a little too strapped for cash to change them. I want revalved Strano Bilsteins. My car is almost 50k miles old, and their the origionals. Also, how long would I be able to go before I needed an alighnment?
Im pretty sure you should be fine at least for a while - Ive had several friends use the stocker Bilsteins w/ the Eibach kit. How long they would last, I have no clue. You shouldnt need an alignment after its done, I know I sure didnt.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you have have Bilstein shocks now? They should be fine, just install the new springs. It's your friend who should upgrade the shocks. Honestly, I would rather upgrade to the Koni SA's before upgrading to Sams revalved front. You already have better shocks than most cars out there.

Anyway, whenever you alter the ride height you will need an alignment right away.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I'm figureing on doing the alighnment within a week or 2 of the swap. And the stockers that are on there are only going to be on there for about 6 months, I want to get some Koni SA's on there this summer, and I didn't want to spent the money now for new one only to switch. Hopefully this will help out my handling. I had these on my last car with KYB gas-a-just's, and it was ok. So this should be awesome.

Search this Thread