LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Valve Spring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Valve Spring Question

Need some help on these valve springs I ordered. The setup consists (as you all know) of the head, valve, spring, platform (seat...some might call it), retainer, and lock. On the stock springs when you drop the valve onto the platform the platform goes up into the middle of the spring, on these new ones it doesnt have clearance, BUT if you compress the spring the platform compresses the inner spring and slides right into place. Is that normal? I'd think it is cause I dont see any other way it would work. No room for a skinnier platform and if I took it away the aluminum heads would get tore to ****.

I tried to take pics to show you guys but I can't find the cord to attach the camera to the computer.

Thanks
Tom

Oh 1993 LT1 if it makes any diff.
______
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Here are some pics. The spring on the right is the stocker. The spring has the retainer on top and seat on bottom (which is sitting in it) Spring on the right the seat WILL fit but only if center spring is compressed.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

geez man you got me there, I hadnt seen that before, were those retainers made for those springs, I would check with the tech guys of the brand of the springs and see what they have to say about this.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
geez man you got me there, I hadnt seen that before, were those retainers made for those springs, I would check with the tech guys of the brand of the springs and see what they have to say about this.
The retainers fit perfect. Its the ones on the bottom that are giving me $#!t. If I can't use them I don't know what I'd do. I mean as is when they are compressed the seat fits up inside the spring. It just compresses the inner spring.

Quick Reply: Valve Spring Question