Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tr230 Cam Swap??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tr230 Cam Swap??

So i eventually want to get a new cam by the end of the summer and I was wondering just how hard it is to do a cam swap yourself?? Im pretty sure my friend has all the tools needed and maybe more so thats not a problem but just how much trouble would I have doing it with me him and probably his dad because I didn't realize how much labor was gonna cost at a shop but If it's that hard I'll jsut pay. Any opinions welcome
Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I'll probably be diving into my first cam install this summer as well, from what I have read its pretty simple and straightforward.. Check out www.ls1howto.com for a detailed step by step - That should give you a good idea whether or not you are comfortable doing it.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

The hardest part is changing your valve springs is the hardest part. I was fortunate enough to have had them installed on my car by my buddy before I did my own cam swap for the first time.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

cam install is easy just takes some time and you need to have a very good idea of what you are doing stay on track and keep everything clean and free of dirt,springs are a bitch but take your time and push on it took me like 2 days for everything ,springs ,prods,cam,lt headers , stall, ory so it really isnt hard i would say do it and if any problems just ask!!!