Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Canvas Top

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canvas Top

just posted this in the firebird section but i meant to post it here lol.

im thinking about making a quick snap on canvas top for our cars, what do you think? i think itd be useful to carry around instead of the real tops in case you get caught in rain or you pick up a girl who wants the tops back on. I hate lugging mine around everywhere. Id rather stick them on the shelf, and keep my trunk space open and just carry around a 2 pound canvas top. Itd fold in half and have two little flaps that close together to grip the filler bar on the roof. On the ends it would have pins you could push into the stock t-tops locations. Itd be small, light weight, very portable, convenient, cheap, easy insurance, and stylish. I think if i ever mass produced them id make them in all the interior colors to match the cars. Like my red trans am, id have a beige canvas top. Black on black would have a black top. Also itd give you a light feeling in the summer without actually removing the tops and getting baked. Anyone whos ever had a jeep knows the benefits of having something like this. Do you think there would be any demand or interest in something like this? or do you think its pointless?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

make a prototype!!
i think beige canvas would look ugly
imo
Old 04-07-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well on red i think it would look good becuase it would match the interior plus if i make them i dont want it black cause you couldnt even tell the difference. If it was beige, people would notice and maybe ask and i could make a sale. you gotta think man....lol

Quick Reply: Canvas Top