Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Odds

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Odds

What are the odds of me breaking my stock rear end after i get some Goodyear Eagle f1 gs-d3's put on and try and launch from idle? just wondering so i don't break the bitch just breaking in the tires.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not likely you'll break, I'm guessing your an auto, since the 3.23's.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i am.

How do you like your cutout on the car? and where did you put the switch on the interior? i am planning on purchasing one.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cut-out is great, especially on my car, since I have a super quiet/restrictive muffler. I put the switch next to the lower cigarette lighter(by the parking brake).
Old 04-07-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/510589-when-will-my-10-bolt-break.html

Aaaaaand this would be the fourth thread on the first page asking when the 10 bolt would break...
Old 04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Aaaand now he is ok after one reply, then he asked another question. I realize you wrote that thread and thank you for that. Sometimes people just want to hear it first hand and get another opinion for THEIR particular case and I for one don't see a problem with a little reasurrance. I guess when they are all broken, then you won't have to get worked up.

I will be one of the stupid people that will be upgrading their 10 bolt....I'll send you a pm when it does break so you can tell me "I told you so" and feel good about yourself.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dr. Jeckel
Sometimes people just want to hear it first hand and get another opinion for THEIR particular case and I for one don't see a problem with a little reasurrance. I guess when they are all broken, then you won't have to get worked up.

I will be one of the stupid people that will be upgrading their 10 bolt....I'll send you a pm when it does break so you can tell me "I told you so" and feel good about yourself.
I brought up the other threads to draw attention to the fact that there are probably 75 replies between all four of them with first hand experience...in my opinion asking when a 10 bolt's gonna blow is like asking when you'll get a flat tire...maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe never.

As far as upgrading your 10 bolt, it's your $$. I seldom say I told you so, just here to offer my 2 cents which is rarely taken anyway
Old 04-08-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand where your coming from. The fact just is that most people (me included) like to hear opinions for there particular case, even if there was an almost identical case already mentioned. Something about human nature I guess and just needing to hear the same thing, that your thinking, from someone else. I agree that the actual "when will my 10 bolt" question is kinda pointless, because you just really can't tell, and the same goes for almost everything mechanical.
I am almost upgrading the 10-bolt as a scientific study (if you will ) to see how long it will stay together with a girdle and the new true-trac, which is apparently the strongest thing out there so far. With DR's and 3500rpm launches every now and then at the track, it should be a good match to my car....but we will see how long it lasts