LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ignition woes, help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition woes, help needed

Alright, I could really use a hand here guys, my car is throwing me for a loop...

'95 Trans Am M6, low miles.

The car turns over, and will run if I keep the car in the 'start' position. But the second I let it go, the car stalls and dies. I have replacd the solenoid, checked the fuel pressure, and replaced the fuel filter. Also, I can not find a diagnostic machine that fits my car since it is an off year (OBD I computer with OBD II outlet, argh).

Any insight guys? Please? This is my daily driver and I really need it...
Old 04-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located in CT? I have an OBDI code scanner/data logger, and am going to buy the cable that allows it to be used on our '95 cars. You can also just use jumper wires to hook the OBDI scanners up...I have a link that shows how, somewhere.

If I help you, though, you need to give me a sweet deal on that thing, I want it...just kidding man, I know you need some big cash for it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Where are you located in CT? I have an OBDI code scanner/data logger, and am going to buy the cable that allows it to be used on our '95 cars. You can also just use jumper wires to hook the OBDI scanners up...I have a link that shows how, somewhere.

If I help you, though, you need to give me a sweet deal on that thing, I want it...just kidding man, I know you need some big cash for it.
I think I figured it out...looks like the ignition switch.

On the upside, the car now has a new starter, solenoid, fuel filter, plugs...I may just keep it!

Maybe...

Quick Reply: Ignition woes, help needed