Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

tire question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tire question

im getting tires and i was wondering -- how does the nitto drag radial feel all around.... the 305 45 18----- can someone give feed back... i DD the car ... but my tires are so bald-- the car just spins 1-2-and little bit of 3....-----how do they hold up in a high speed " trying to handle " situation....

im on the factory z06 wheels..

any imput for the best bang for the buck.. ..
Old 04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pastvertical
im getting tires and i was wondering -- how does the nitto drag radial feel all around.... the 305 45 18----- can someone give feed back... i DD the car ... but my tires are so bald-- the car just spins 1-2-and little bit of 3....-----how do they hold up in a high speed " trying to handle " situation....

im on the factory z06 wheels..

any imput for the best bang for the buck.. ..
IF YOU ARE USING REGULAR STREET TIRES AND YOU GO TO NT01'S IT WILL BE LIKE A DIFFERENT CAR! YOUR TRACK TIMES WILL DROP 2 TO 5 SECONDS

THEY STICK LIKE GLUE, AND RUN STRAIGHT AT HI SPEEDS BUT IF YOU PUSH THEM AND THEY BREAK LOOSE ON A TURN YOUR GOING TO BE GOING ALOT FASTER THAN IF YOU WERE ON YOUR STREET TIRES AND YOUR GONNA CRASH!

ALSO NOT TOO GOOD IN THE RAIN

BUT MAN THEY ROCK! AND IF YOU DRIVE EM EASY YOU MIGHT GET 8,000 MILES OR 8 TO 12 TRACK WEEKENDS OUT OF THEM.

I AM GETING KHUMO V710'S 285/30/18'S ALL AROUND FOR WEEKEND TRACK AND MOUNTAIN ROADS TAD SOFTER THAN NT01'S SO ONLY GET 3-500O MILES TOPS OR 6-10 WARRIOR WEEKENDS

BASICALLY THE SAME TIRE, JUST A BIT CHEAPER

G/L !
Old 04-08-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno about all around, seems like a waste to me.

I have them on the back and they are a great street "all around drag radial" and do well with higher speeds

MTs to me were way to dangerous in the rain. 40mph tops and even then you were fish tailing

Quick Reply: tire question