Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser backing plate bolts

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser backing plate bolts

The T-bolts that moser sent to bolt the backing plate to the housing are too short on my moser 12-bolt. The backing plate is flush against the axle tube. When I tighten the nut down with the lock washer on the bolt lacks about 2 threads before it will come through the nut. I put them on with red loctite but I am not comfortable leaving them like this. Any ideas. Also I did the 200 mi break in as directed and it whines BAD! Especially on decel but also at part throttle cruising. I have experience setting backlash and have a magnetic base dial indicator should I try and reset it. Rear only has about 300mi. on it. Thanks
Old 04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never seen the bolts come too short that I can remember. Whoever you ordered it through should be able to have Moser send you longer ones.
If you are sure the gear whine is not from anything else, then it wouldn't hurt anything to remove the rear cover, and check the gear pattern out. Bob

Quick Reply: Moser backing plate bolts