Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPE S cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPE S cam

I've done searches and come up with very little info. about this cam on a 112LSA, i've seen a few threads about it on a 115LSA, but it now comes in a 112. So i'm trying to find out how many of you run this cam, in either form, with an A4? how is the power through out the RPM band? How many of you daily drive this cam? would you? and if you run this cam with a 6-speed, feel free to chime in and give your opinion on this cam.

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-08-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSz28
I've done searches and come up with very little info. about this cam on a 112LSA, i've seen a few threads about it on a 115LSA, but it now comes in a 112. So i'm trying to find out how many of you run this cam, in either form, with an A4? how is the power through out the RPM band? How many of you daily drive this cam? would you? and if you run this cam with a 6-speed, feel free to chime in and give your opinion on this cam.

Thanks for the help!
The S cam never became real LS1Tech popular. Lots of our GTO customers run it and love it. You can get more than enough feedback from them by visiting www.ls1gto.com

Here's a thread in fact from last week that gets pretty detailed on the S cams driveability.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147205

Chuck @ HPE
Old 04-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Thanks Chuck!
Anyone else??
Old 04-28-2007, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to bump the thread for a simple question, but sitting here at the laptop staring at the April calendar model, err, I mean car and seeing in the stats that it has the HPE "S" cam, has gotten me to thinking...

I did have my heart set on an FMS FM13, but this cam has me second-guessing that, what with Futral's bad run of cams a while back, as well as HPE's reputation for excellent products.

Would this cam fit in a stock-cube LS1 with some PP Stage 2 heads without fly-cutting and decent P-V clearance?

I'm not worried about low-end torque or hp. That's what I got the 4000 stall for.

Could someone from HPE enlighten me?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

No.....
Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT
Hate to bump the thread for a simple question, but sitting here at the laptop staring at the April calendar model, err, I mean car and seeing in the stats that it has the HPE "S" cam, has gotten me to thinking...

I did have my heart set on an FMS FM13, but this cam has me second-guessing that, what with Futral's bad run of cams a while back, as well as HPE's reputation for excellent products.

Would this cam fit in a stock-cube LS1 with some PP Stage 2 heads without fly-cutting and decent P-V clearance?

I'm not worried about low-end torque or hp. That's what I got the 4000 stall for.

Could someone from HPE enlighten me?
Keep the FM13...