Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

quiet bov or bypass valves

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quiet bov or bypass valves

What are some of the more "stealth-like" bov or bypass valves? I was looking at the GReddy or Tial 50mm valves for T-76GTS head unit on kits from Ohio forced induction or PTK. Are these valves interchangeable b/t turbos and superchargers, btw? I've heard ATI bypass valves are very loud, like a pissed off veloci raptor. I don't want that. I want as quiet as possible. What about Mondo valves? Any suggestions and personal experiences will be appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

alot of the sounds has to do with type as well as psi, a low psi car will sound a lot different than a HIGH psi car. my BOV doesnt sound too loud, but im on only 5.5psi. there was a thread not too long ago in here about this
Old 04-10-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BPV wil be quiet, as it does not vent to atmo. BOV will make noise. Of course there are hybrids, that are 50/50 or adjustable mix. That will be in between. Before you choose one style make sure you are not disrupting your engine air metering system by venting.

They are hypothetically all interchangable, depending on the flange on the pipe you wish to mount it to, and the output on the bypass, if it has one. Flanges are a pain though, and you can end up needing an adapter from one to another, but in theory they are all interchangable. Figure out what style flange yours has and what the one you want has. If they are the same, you are done. If they are not, find an adapter flange.