LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

caprice wagon suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caprice wagon suggestions?

My uncle just purchased a '95 caprice class wagon with an LT1 and I couldn't believe how cool it was for a freakin WAGON and it was really cheap. I'm thinking about getting one and doing it up as a sleeper. Anybody know how much these weigh and have any suggestions of where to start upgrading it? headers, exhaust are a given. I'm going to look for a not too loud at idle exhaust that still opens things up. I've even thought about those cutouts with a button.

Tinted windows are a given with me since I just prefer them. I'm unsure about if I'm going to swap rims or leave stock ones just to make it look more original/slow.

Last edited by farkedup; 04-08-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My Roadmaster wagon manual calls for a base curb weight of 4672lbs, the Roadys tended to be equipped a little better and therefore heavier but it is the same car. Gross weight on these pigs is like 5800lbs.
I should have a set of headers available soon. You can use sedan intermediate pipes and mufflers but over the axle is tough on these one company makes a side exit kit at a redidulous price I would suggest going custom after the mufflers though maybe start with some mandel sedan over the axle pipes and tweak from there.

On my wagon I have dynomax intermediates to dynomax superturbos and then stock over the axle and resonators, nice and quiet but better than stock which was all I wanted. I have the sedan for noise and speed.
Back when the wagon was almost completely stock I managed 15.5 at 88mph 100% as daily driven full air in the tires bunch of junk in the back, beat an 04 Impala SS the 3.8L blower kind that night too he went 15.6.

Nice thing is 4x8 sheet good can fit with the tailgate up, front seats are uncomfortably close to the dash but doable, mine has hauled more than one LT1 with the heads and intake off. Don't think there is vertically enough room for heads and intake and then to get a hoist over it. A block with rotating assembly is no problem and we actually load and unload by hand.
Some of the locals keep pushing me to drop the Caprice drivetrain in the wagon for a few weekends which is tempting.

Quick Reply: caprice wagon suggestions?