Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solid mounts + changing TC's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default solid mounts + changing TC's?

next month i'm going to be ordering up a Vig 3600 for the car, and also will be getting solid mounts to go along with it. my question is (for future reference) when taking the tranny down (do you have to lower the tranny's tail alittle to get to the top bolts?) would the solid mounts give me any give? i've never dont a tranny drop with solid mounts, and expecially on a ls1 f-bod, anyone have similiar scenerio?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't answer for the solids, but I recently pulled my trans twice, once with the stock mounts, and the second with the poly mounts. The poly's still allowed the engine/trans to drop enough to get the top bolts without any grief. I would imagine that solid mounts would have to be loosened? Not sure, but I figured solids would be a PITA when pulling the trans. so I went with Prothane polys...

Here's an unrelated thread I started about solid mounts, maybe one of these guys might be able to answer your question.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/679957-solid-motor-mount-guys.html