Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

VetRed gets some power!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VetRed gets some power!

Well today I got George's (VetRed) 99 FRC completed and tuned. His combination consisted of: CNC ported LS6 heads, 80mm BBK TB, custom ground cam 228 intake duration, a Cory Harris ported LS6 intake, LS6 PCV conversion and tuning.

From his baseling of 304 Hp, the car now makes 403 RWHP at 6200 RPM and the power goes flat to the fuel cut. At that same point his old combination, the power fell off to 296 at the same RPM so that makes for a 107 HP gain at 6200 RPM. Georges car has a set of Bassani headers which I am not real thrilled about, I beleive that there is some more power to be had if he changes to a better header. His Bassanis are a TRI-Y design from the old days, no one drag races with them but they are tried and trued design for making torque in the mid-range in trucks, the bad thing is that his car isn't a truck All in all I think George will be happy with the results the new combination is very streetable, has a light lope as far as cams go, and makes power all over. Peak torque occurs at about 4700 RPM it just pulls and pulls

Here is a scanned copy of Georges before and after dyno curves:

Notice the slight drop in torque from about 3400 to 4000 RPM. There is some false KR in that region that I am going to tweak out, other than that it makes very good usable power.

Last edited by tjwong; 04-10-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome TJ. I still have not forgotten you. Just used my mod money to buy the wife a new Benz. The things I do for some people. Maybe she will call Overhaulin' for me!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ram-it
Awesome TJ. I still have not forgotten you. Just used my mod money to buy the wife a new Benz. The things I do for some people. Maybe she will call Overhaulin' for me!!!!
Hmm I know about the wife thing......although I don't have one yet we are engaged to be married this coming July. Thats why I am busting my cajone's at my shop to save enough green to get a new C6 Z before we get married.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great Job TJ! Talk to George this past weekend, and he was real excited about his new setup. As always, Great Work! :thumbup:

lol, he did tell me about the headers tho. Yea I think, they are definetly the weak part of his setup, but w/ 403 he'll have plenty of fun.

Time to get it to the track George.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great Job TJ! Talk to George this past weekend, and he was real excited about his new setup. As always, Great Work! :thumbup:

lol, he did tell me about the headers tho. Yea I think, they are definetly the weak part of his setup, but w/ 403 he'll have plenty of fun.

Time to get it to the track George.

Also just an FYI, I may be heading down soon just want to get my tune updated after refreshing the exhaust setup. I'll call you as soon as I get it back from RNR.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 AM
TECH Addict

Very nice TJ!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Smoke 'em if you GOT 'em!!! I told some of you guys "The hard ware is important" but SO IS THE TUNE!!!! Thank you T.J. Wong!!! and Ill be picking up the red witch this saturday!!! I dont know if Ill be ready for the "test and tune" on the 5th (of may) but the 25th I should have the tires and the new helmet. so see everyone then!!! Oh,......ya and a big thanks to cory of Cory port works www.ls2portworks.com for all the help with the LS6 manifold!!!

Last edited by vetred; 04-11-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Nice! By the way vetred, every one of your posts makes me smile, haha, keep it up
Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Over on the other forum there talking about a "Dyno-day" maybe on the ("5th may") This if it goes off then or when ever would be the perfect time for the "spring Cruz and horsepower jamboree" a good opertunity for everyone to see whats new and get ALL questions answered!! Stay tuned!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VetRed gets some power!