Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

C6 402 ls7 clutch/hydraulic prob, ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 402 ls7 clutch/hydraulic prob, ideas?

I am having a hard time figuring out this clutch hydraulic problem i am having with a C6 vette. We did a 402 build on the ls2 block. We used a eagle crank, that used the ls1 style pilot bearing along with the ls7 clutch and PPlate. Now with the engine together, I am having problems getting the clutch hydraulic system bled/working properly. This car has 12,000 miles on it. This is what i did:
Got the engine tranny all in there and hooked up the connector on teh line from master to slave. checked fluid level and pumped pedal. it went right to the floor (like they normally do the first few times). kept pedaling, and there was NO presure whatsoever. So i mity vac the MC wtih about 10-15" of vacuum, pull a lot of air out and still no pedal. so i drop all the exhaust down and spend the better part of the day bleeding it from underneath at the slave, wtih no luck. the pedal falls straight to the floor with no return like its has no resistance at all, BUT there feels like there may be some clutch releas at the last inch or so of travel of the pedal, and i can hear the clutch springs disengage slightly, butnot enought to release the clutch at all. When bleeding at the slave, plenty of fluid comes out, and i dont hear hear any air coming out. When you pump the pedal, and look in the fluid resevoir, the level lower slightly when pushing on the pedal, and when you pull the peal up wtih your foot, fluid squirts up into the bowl.
-The master is definately hooked up properly to the slave.
-I had the master out and it feels fine when i try to compress it by hand, it doesnt seem to be bleeding past the seals.
I was wondering if it may be a problem with the new LS7 clutch not working properly with the ls1 style pilot bearing (i dont see how)
I was goign to try a new master since its relatively easy to change out, but before i dig into the slave, i need some suggestions. Thanks for any input