Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Disapeared?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coolant Disapeared?

My mods are in my sig. I noticed the other day my car started overheating and I checked the fluid and it was empty. What really confuses me is that I filled it up about 2 months before that. I haven't noticed any white mist from the tail pipe or any major leaks.

The car seems to run fine. what do you guys think is going on? Should I check the oil to see if theres any sign of coolant in the system.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

, this isnt advanced tech.

Anyway, There is only a few places coolant can go: on the ground from a leak in the piping or pump, in the passenger compartment from a leaking heater core, in the combustion chambers and out the exhaust from a cracked head/block/gasket, or into the oil from a head gasket leak.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brad8266
, this isnt advanced tech.

Anyway, There is only a few places coolant can go: on the ground from a leak in the piping or pump, in the passenger compartment from a leaking heater core, in the combustion chambers and out the exhaust from a cracked head/block/gasket, or into the oil from a head gasket leak.
My heater dosen't work. If its getting into the heater core how would I be able to tell?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
My mods are in my sig. I noticed the other day my car started overheating and I checked the fluid and it was empty. What really confuses me is that I filled it up about 2 months before that. I haven't noticed any white mist from the tail pipe or any major leaks.

The car seems to run fine. what do you guys think is going on? Should I check the oil to see if theres any sign of coolant in the system.
Damn dude,

You've been having some horrible luck lately, when you screwed up your heads a few weeks back did you have them checked for cracks?

you might be lifting the heads a bit, pressuring the coolant and forcing it out of the overflow tank and you'd never now.....

Pull the heads again, have them checked out and cleaned up and put new gaskets on the car.