Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yet another cam help ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another cam help ?

hi guys pretty new around here. been buying parts from you all like crazy though lol. so ill start with the motor its a 02 iron block 6.0l truck motor. so far this is what i have. BG mighty demon 825cfm carb, victor jr. intake. comp dual springs, thunderracing stock length pushrods, 1 3/4" long tube headers. this is all going in front of a t56 in a 73 datsun 240z. most of this build is a copy of carcrafts recent LQ4 build. the motor will eventually get a set of l92 heads but not at the moment. so the big ? what cam to use. i do allot of road race style stuff and deff plan on taking this thing to the strip. street ablity is not a huge concern. but i do not want to flycut pistons or anything like that. as long as i can cruise the thing on the street once in ahwile without it over heating im good. sorry for the long post but this is one of the last major parts i need and the more research i do the more lost i am lol thanks in advance guys
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure what works for road racing but, for no flycutting keep lift under .600 , anything bigger then that I would reccomend to clay it.