LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Moroso muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moroso muffler?

A buddy of mine has a 98 LS1 with 2 Moroso Mufflers on it. They kind of look like glasspacks in a way. Anyway, they stop right before the rear tires. The car sounds awesome and I'm thinking about getting one for my car. (I have a 94 Z28)

The thing is, I like my stock tips. I would like to have an illusion that the tips are still functional, yet have the sound of the exhaust cut (with the muffler) before the rear tires. Is this possible?

Basically, I just want my car louder. It's very quiet. Honestly, at idle you can't even really hear it. Currently, I have LT header, Matching Y-pipe through the stock I-pipe, going to a dynomax super turbo muffler. It's quiet and all I really want to do is make it louder, but I don't want a cut-out...That won't give me the sound I'm looking for and will be a little too loud.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

there are many other options than the one you are talking about. but if you really want the moroso mufflers, you could just hang 2 pipes in the back with the stock tips still on them, there wouldnt be any smoke, but they would look stock. i personally wouldnt go that route, and if i did, i would just run true duals with the moroso mufflers and go all the way to the back and use the stock tips. it wont sond much diffrent than if you dump it at the axle
Old 04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

why dont you put a Moroso muffler in the I pipe and a cutout right after that? That will enable you to keep the rest of the exhaust with tips and everything.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by street demon2k3
why dont you put a Moroso muffler in the I pipe and a cutout right after that? That will enable you to keep the rest of the exhaust with tips and everything.
I thought about that, but my only thing is that I will still have my dynomax muffler on as well...That's extra weight in the back for no reason...

Do you guys think I would pick up more power doing what I plan on? Regardless if I do the moroso muffler, or just cut the pipe where the I-pipe is. I would think it would gain some up top power, but could possibly lose some down low. Is that right?

Quick Reply: Moroso muffler?