Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone else sick about this IMUS crap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else sick about this IMUS crap?

Ok I understand him getting fired, he made some very rude and racial comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team and was dismissed due to sponsors pulling their advertisements. What I dont understand is why we have to listen to Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson runs their mouths and try to crucify Imus? Im not an Imus fan and coudl care less if he ever gets a job again, but Sharpton and Jackson are such hypocrits its absurd...Sharpton loves jumping on the bandwagon and lambasting people whenever there is any racial issues in the media, whether they are true or not. He seems to conveniently forget that he has declared people guilty without any evidence. What about a while back when a black woman in NY accused 6 white police officers of abusing and raping her, and Sharpton went off on a tirade and got the 6 officers fired and the DA, but when it came out that there was no evidence Sharpton didnt care nor really gave them any type of apolgy when he ruined their careers. Another example of Sharptons brilliance is with the Duke Lacrosse case. If he could have lobbied for the death penalty for the Duke players he would have, yet now that they have been cleared he refuses to apologize...Then there is Jackson, who was on the air the other night stating that calling a woman a "hoe" is the first step in abusing women...however, you dont see him on the air calling for 50 cent to be banned fromt he radio when he uses the term "hoe" and many other derrogity phrases towards women in pretty much every song he has written. In addition, they explain it away as "artistic expression", what the F is that? Imus' show and comments couldnt be explained away as "artistic expression?" Again I totally agree that Imus was in the wrong and got what he deserved but I love all the people that are so quick to point fingers and crucify one individual while others do the same thing and are never held accoutable...rant off...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it broke my care meter real fast.

I wonder if he will end up on XM though?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
I agree it broke my care meter real fast.

I wonder if he will end up on XM though?

you watch he will be on XM and be HUGE

people say stupid things everyday people should stop whining and move on
Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

its a double standard anymore. its really rediculous that they still play the race card every chance they get...(Sharptin and Jackson). to them, everything said by a white person towards a black person in any kind of derogotory way its racially motivated.

now when Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock call people the "N" word and make fun of their own people, its considered funny. (dont get me wrong, i love both comedians) when you listen to lyrics of pretty much any rap song or you take a look at some of these videos, they do nothing but bash on black women callin them hoes and tricks....you dont see good ol Al or Jesse barkin up 50 cent's tree.

i found this little tidbit on another forum and it makes perfect sence..dunno who wrote it though...
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my
direction. You call me "Whiteboy," "Cracker,"
"Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, KOON, Towelhead,
Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or ***** you
call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence
against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous
places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.

If we had WET(White Entertainment Television)
we'd be Racists.
If we had a White Pride Day you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to
"advance" our lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black
Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?

If we had a college fund that only gave white
students scholarships, you know we'd be racists. There
are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the
US, yet if there were "White colleges" that would be a
racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you
were marching for your race and rights.
If we marched for our race and rights, you would call
us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and
orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when
we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But,
when a white police officer shoots a black gang member
or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law
and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud. But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?******

it just gets better and better..
Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

As I say in about every thread on the matter, Imus should've told Sharpton he'll apologize only if Reverend Al apologizes for the Tawana Brawley fiasco, Crown Heights, and the Duke case.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

I am looking for Sharpen to appologize to the Duke kids fo sure the racis pr**k!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM
9 Second Club

I'm not allowed to comment on this issue... I will get the Lets just say I don't think highly of Al Sharpton.

And now I have no idea what I'm going to watch in the office in the morning
Old 04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ace68
I am looking for Sharpen to appologize to the Duke kids fo sure the racis pr**k!

He already said he wouldnt apologize, for whatever reason, which is **** poor in my book.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

We are all equals. Equally worthless. So who the F cares about color these days. I'm so sick of this ****. Only the human race can be so brilliant, yet so F'd up. lol I like cars...
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Also, again Imus messed up, dont get me wrong, but I find it baffling that other people in the entertainment industry can make all the racial slurs they want (Chapelle and Carlos Mencia) but they arent held to the same standards as Imus was held. If you want to ban all racial slurs and comments from the emdia and entertainment industry then thats fine with me, but dont pick and choose who you are going to hold accountable for their actions/words. It seems Chapelle and Mencia get a free pass because they are minorities, but they are making similar comments so why dont Sharpton and Jackson climb onto their high horses and attack them? Why dont they go and ask for 50 cent songs and videos, which clearly voice and depict disrespect for black women and all women in general, to be banned from the radio and mtv/bet? Could it be that Sharpton and Jackson are, in essence, RACIST against white people (DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!)? Plus, if Jesse Jackson and Sharpton thinks its ok for black rappers to degrade black women and not Imus because he isnt black, then basically it would be a none issue if he called say a predominantly white womens basketball team a bunch of "prissy hoes"? Jackson and Shaprton are complete charlitans and love pushing racial issues to the fore front to get their faces on TV and to fill their pockets even more.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:29 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
I'm not allowed to comment on this issue... I will get the Lets just say I don't think highly of Al Sharpton.

Same here and
Old 04-13-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by edwardswb
We are all equals. Equally worthless. So who the F cares about color these days. I'm so sick of this ****. Only the human race can be so brilliant, yet so F'd up. lol I like cars...

Exactly, this isnt the 50's, 60's, 70's, or even early 80's anymore, color really isnt a huge issue in our society anymore IMO. Sure you are going to have racial issues as some people simply are closed minded and cant accept the fact that all people are equal regardless of color, but it seems that since its becoming a non-issue in our society that every stupid comment, whether purposely racial or not, is brought to the fore front and everyone is hyper-sensitive to anything that may be deemed as being politically incorrect. Its absurd.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Sharpton and jackson **** me off alot more than Imus. Blacks would be so much better off if they stopped pulling the race card all the time, slavery was 150 years ago, lets move on.

Its seems like all the people who feel the whites are holding them down have forgotten to look at all of the successful blacks/hispanics/whatever out there. People need to realize that the only ones holding them back are themselves
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
CARTEK Racing

I fall into the same camp with those who is will comment on this will get banned.

All I can say is that if its okay for DMX to say "I love my ******* but where's my bitches" then its okay for Imus to say "nappy headed hoe" on the radio.

This political correctness is annoying the **** out of me. These are just words get over it!

On another note, Hannity and Combs were discussing the topic with Elizabeth Hasselbeck and could care less cause I was just staring at how hot and tan she was with my jaw on the floor. Republican and hot... I want to marry her!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
CARTEK Racing

PS,

As a Howard Stern fan I am obligated to say;

IMUS BLOWS!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

if I get going on this I'll be banned from the INTERNET... not just a web site.

-I'm dissapointed in the system....
Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

they pull the race card cause its the easiest way to scare the company that employs such an indivisual. in the end, they wanted Imus fired for what he said. they pulled the race card and so NBC wouldnt get sued for wrongfull doing, they let Imus go. Sharpton gets what he wants and NBC saves face by "doin right by Sharpton and Rutgers univ." its quite sad really...there is no more Freedom of speech!.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
Sharpton and jackson **** me off alot more than Imus. Blacks would be so much better off if they stopped pulling the race card all the time, slavery was 150 years ago, lets move on.

Its seems like all the people who feel the whites are holding them down have forgotten to look at all of the successful blacks/hispanics/whatever out there. People need to realize that the only ones holding them back are themselves
This was exactly what I was going to say. I don't even agree with Imus being fired either. Him saying those things brought in ratings, which is what he's supposed to do. It's not like he said that he wished those girls were dead or something, some people need thicker skin and have to stop looking for any reason to **** and moan. They're making it seem like these girls are going to be scarred for life because of this.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:09 PM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by Nautilus

I agree with this statement. He is absolutely rediculous
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

The double standard is out of control. I'm sure they've never said anything nearly that bad on Hot 97.