Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Want to help a fellow member? BEER AND CASH INVOLVED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to help a fellow member? BEER AND CASH INVOLVED!!!!!!

Hey guys,

Just picked up last night a set of QTP LT headers and 3" True Dual X-Pipe and would like to get them on ASAP. I have never put a set of headers on, nor do have the necessary tools. If anyone would like to help me put my new toys on I would be greatly appreciated. I have a garage to do it in, you'd just have to make a drive to Puyallup. If you'd rather I make the trip to your place, I wouldn't mind at all either. Would be more the willing to give you some cash and keep a full beer by your side the whole time. Shoot me a PM if you are interested........

Thanks in advance!
Bryan
Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not that hard even if you have to lift the motor a little. I'd help you do it if you wanted to drive all the way down here. It can be an easy job or it can be a nightmare that takes 5 times as long as it should. Your best bet is to do it at your place with a little help from one of the Seattle area guys. Hopefully one of them will chime in here and help you out. It could be cake or you could have to dump your a/c just to lift the passenger side enough to get it in. I've had it both ways. Havent done QTP's so I'm not real certain what you'll run up against with them. Getting the car high enough off the ground is important as well.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

I am not in a position to help but I installed QTP's on my car and Kooks on a friends (exact same design/style basically) and you shouldn't need to lift the motor. You just need the car about 3 feet off the ground!!!! One side slips in with almost no trouble but the other side is a biaaaatch! BUT if the car is high enough off the ground, it is much easier and we didn't have to remove any parts other then the dipstick from the engine and loosen up the coil pack IIRC.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I am not in a position to help but I installed QTP's on my car and Kooks on a friends (exact same design/style basically) and you shouldn't need to lift the motor. You just need the car about 3 feet off the ground!!!! One side slips in with almost no trouble but the other side is a biaaaatch! BUT if the car is high enough off the ground, it is much easier and we didn't have to remove any parts other then the dipstick from the engine and loosen up the coil pack IIRC.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Right on. The Kooks instructions said you only need to remove the oil filter. The SW's were a lot more work.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Right on. The Kooks instructions said you only need to remove the oil filter. The SW's were a lot more work.
I heard that about the oil filter with the QTP's as well, but we had both cars far enough off the ground (3 feet!) that we were able to work around it.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

TTT...still looking for help.

Quick Reply: Want to help a fellow member? BEER AND CASH INVOLVED!!!!!!