Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Giant in a forged 364???

Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Giant in a forged 364???

I have an Lq4 with the stock 6.0 crank, ARP head studs, Scat H-beam rods, BRC custom pistons flycut for .700 lift with a .250 top ringland and I forgot the ringland spacing between rings but the bottom ring rides on a retainer and is actually centered over the tapered wristpins which are held in place by spiral locks or lox or however it is spelled. I havent chose my heads yet but I am not afraid of high rpms and the dynamic compression will be adjusted via headgasket thickness and milling to achieve a desireable number to match the cam. It will also see at least a 200 shot through my TNT F1 kit but since I dont plan on using the spray on a daily basis I dont want a N2O cam. My question is, I keep hearing never run a Texas Giant on a 346 but how about my 364? The engine will be installed in my 2001 C5 which already has a Spec Stg3 clutch, lightweight flywheel, DTE diff brace, and exhaust... Thanks for the input guys.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i say go for it with set of TSP terminter heads you will be close to 500hp N/A
Old 04-15-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is your goal for the car what is your plan for it? street / track DD knowing this and things like rear gears and car weight will help in the cam pick for your combo. the
Old 04-15-2007, 05:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboLs1
I have an Lq4 with the stock 6.0 crank, ARP head studs, Scat H-beam rods, BRC custom pistons flycut for .700 lift with a .250 top ringland and I forgot the ringland spacing between rings but the bottom ring rides on a retainer and is actually centered over the tapered wristpins which are held in place by spiral locks or lox or however it is spelled. I havent chose my heads yet but I am not afraid of high rpms and the dynamic compression will be adjusted via headgasket thickness and milling to achieve a desireable number to match the cam. It will also see at least a 200 shot through my TNT F1 kit but since I dont plan on using the spray on a daily basis I dont want a N2O cam. My question is, I keep hearing never run a Texas Giant on a 346 but how about my 364? The engine will be installed in my 2001 C5 which already has a Spec Stg3 clutch, lightweight flywheel, DTE diff brace, and exhaust... Thanks for the input guys.
first pick your heads, then tailor a custom grind for your setup.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car will be a street/track car as I use my F250 for my DD. Was originally going to match the cam to whatever heads I chose but for now I plan on using some ls6's and investing in some better heads in the future and will then re-evaluate my cam. With all of my current projects this is just the heads I have chose to utilize at the moment. Thanks again guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Giant in a forged 364???