Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G body guys, I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G body guys, I need your help

I need to find some motor mounts if John B can't come through. He's out of the country and I don't feel like waiting 2 months for motor mounts. What did you all use? Where can I find them? and how much? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

jegs has them, havent bought a set yet but thats where i will most likely be getting mine for my 83 camino.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Do you have a link to that? Is it an actual motor mount or an adapter plate to reuse the stock mounts?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own. got 2 pieces of 1/4 metal 4inches wide 8 long i think, used moroso solid mounts, drilled holes in the plates, mounted them on the engine and then put the engine where i wanted it, drilled holes in frame for bottom moroso mouts pretty easy. I didnt have to cut my pan either since i moved the engine back to clear.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Teching In

I'm looking for something that will put the engine in the stock location. And not that I can't make my own mounts(I considered that option) I just dont want to.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default See what these people have

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/
Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

As far as I know, only John B's mounts put the engine close to the firewall as possible and work very well with his oil pan mod. Most other manufacturers place the engine foward some, so you may have some clearance problems with the oil pan, not to mention headers. Might be worth you're while to google it and hope something comes up. I hope you can get it worked out man. And by the way, nice Monty Looks like mine.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

John B`s mounts put the motor ~5/8" forward of the stock SBC location if you measure off the bellhousing flange. This is as far back as you can push the motor before you have to cut and mod the heaterbox. I bought a used set of mounts off of a member who was parting out his 6.0L cutlass and they position the bellhousing in the factory SBC location. Because of this I had to remove the rearmost coil boss on the valvecover, cut the back of the coil bracket off and cut out a section of the heaterbox. The only nice thing is that the engine is far enough back to clear the stock f-body oil pan.

Quick Reply: G body guys, I need your help