Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ran dry on brake fluid!?! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran dry on brake fluid!?! HELP

i was in the process of puttin on my new rotors and pads and i had the calipers off cus iwas painting them and i forgot to put a vice grip on the two front and all the fluid ran dry?!?! i have heard its not good if u let the system run dry? it ***** with the abs or somthing? am i right.
i was gonna bleed the whole system anyways with super blue ate fluid but i didnt wanna run it dry.

ccan anyone chime in here, before i get myself in a deeper situation.

thanks.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hate to tell you this but your pretty much screwed. You can try bleeding the system manually and hope the ABS module didnt run completely dry but I doubt it.If you arnt lucky and it did run completely dry get it to the dealership to have it bled. To properly bleed the abs system you must have a tech2 scanner to open and close the abs valves
Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
Hate to tell you this but your pretty much screwed. You can try bleeding the system manually and hope the ABS module didnt run completely dry but I doubt it.If you arnt lucky and it did run completely dry get it to the dealership to have it bled. To properly bleed the abs system you must have a tech2 scanner to open and close the abs valves
everything is good i did not run comp. dry
thank good ness

Quick Reply: Ran dry on brake fluid!?! HELP