View Full Version : aftermarket headers w/ d shaped ports??

ls7truck
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
OK, I'm a newbie here. I've acquired a LS7 and will be looking for aftermarket or custom headers. When I pulled the stock manifolds off I noticed a D shaped exhaust port. What aftermarket company sells headers with this shape? What have you guys used?

Thanks

osuqsz06
04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
ok, newbie from now on use the search as this has been asked several times in the past few weeks. LOL anyways i got my custom headers from american racing. they are all stainless and top notch crew. u cant go wrong with them or kooks.

ls7truck
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I've already seen some posts regarding this same issue. Sounds like round flange will work. Next question. Can I buy aftermarket flanges that have the same hole pattern in case I want to try to make my own headers? I have a couple directions to run the tubes, not sure which one is best.

Anyone know of a header kit that's decent?

ls7truck
04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I've learned my lesson. :)

How does ordering from american racing work? I thought that if I needed custom headers I'd need to call someone to come out and take measurements...

superssport
04-16-2007, 02:05 PM
OK, I'm a newbie here. I've acquired a LS7 and will be looking for aftermarket or custom headers. When I pulled the stock manifolds off I noticed a D shaped exhaust port. What aftermarket company sells headers with this shape? What have you guys used?

Thanks

Kooks will put d port flanges on your choice of headers for an extra $125.

ls7truck
04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I emailed american racing about their custom headers. I'll also contact kooks about their headers. Worst case, maybe they'll sell me some d-shaped flanges.

Thanks for the replies.

89lx-ls1
05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
It wouldnt be worth the money if you can just get a good set of 1 7/8 headers. The d shaped port is to help speed up the exh. flow out of the head and as long as you have a non restrictive set of 1 7/8 you should be fine. my 13/4 are working fine for me but i would love to go to a 1 7/8, it would definetly net me some more power.

See5
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I do not understand the D shaped port thing. The exhaust ports back to 243s were/are D shaped and the header's inlet flange is larger than the port so?