Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vogtland Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vogtland Springs?

If I put on Bilstein HD shocks on my 99 ws6, will these springs be better than the eibach pro kit because of the sag of the pro kits as they begin to wear? let me know!!!!!! thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

I think about anything will be better than Eibachs. I put them on one of my 99's then took them off and sent them back. Talk about a pogo stick rear end!!! Those are one of the better ones out there if you don't want to go with Stranos.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by importhater1
If I put on Bilstein HD shocks on my 99 ws6, will these springs be better than the eibach pro kit because of the sag of the pro kits as they begin to wear? let me know!!!!!! thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02...QQcmdZViewItem
HD shocks are not meant for lowering springs
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

importhater1.... you need to do some research on how shocks and springs interact. You need to consider the spring's rate and height, then consider the shocks are spring dampers and just what kind of spring rate and height they were build to control.

Seems everyday you are asking "what about this". And it's always involving HD's. So I think cheap is a concern, but the answer won't suddenly change because you asked a 21st time. Shocks are spring dampers, if you pick a shock not meant for a type of spring, it's not a whole lot different than running your stock shocks which aren't meant for different types of springs, except new shocks are newer and not as screwed up to start as stockers.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone have experance with the bilstein lowering kit? Im looking for a new set up, my car likes to "float" at higher speeds. I just put 19's on it and i want to lower it about 1 to 1.5 Any suggestions? I want to be around 550 to 650, price wise.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The float is lack of rebound control and that BTS kit's shock valving isn't adequate for the springs used IMO.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

what kit do you suggest, i dont want to lower it to much, cause i've got 19's. i really just want to get rid of the floating and tighten up my launches. My brother has the eibach springs and edelbrock shock package from summitracing, but i dont like the feel of it, too stiff.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedTA02
what kit do you suggest, i dont want to lower it to much, cause i've got 19's. i really just want to get rid of the floating and tighten up my launches. My brother has the eibach springs and edelbrock shock package from summitracing, but i dont like the feel of it, too stiff.

The floating is shocks. I don't know what you mean by tighten up your launches. 19's of a correct size should be the same diameter as stock wheels and tires and therefore shouldn't be a concern either way. Ignoring that, I don't know what you might consider too much, or not enough.

Picking parts is not something to be done by generalizations. And I don't suggest any "kit" normally because they all pretty much suck to some degree. I put individual parts together that are appropriate for each other and the job we are looking to do.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all your help Sam, I think im going to give your tech line a call, so i can get a better idea of what im looking for. Thanks i'll talk to you soon.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Definetely call him up, I just talked to him a couple days ago and got some rotors. He seems like a really helpful guy that won't steer you wrong.

Quick Reply: Vogtland Springs?