Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just polished with tropicare

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just polished with tropicare

Here is my car with just 1 quick coat of tropicare. I'm going to hit it again on friday and do a more thorough job.
I've been using NXT and I will never buy that **** again after using this.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

That looks great! How does Tropicare compare to Zaino?? Is it as pricey as Zaino?? I might consider using that stuff.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

That looks great!

Hey im usually just a waxer.. how or when should polish be applied? after waxing?

or should i SEARCh
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wash, clay bar, polish, sealant/wax.... in that order.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 AM
12 Second Club

Looks great!!!!...but how do you apply the polish? By hand or do you need to use a buffer.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:28 AM
On The Tree

exactly what I've been wanting to hear! Thanks! I've got the comparision from Zaino (long time user) to Tropicare (just did it last month), but was curious about NXT (as I've heard alot about it, but not in direct comparison to these two).

I recently wrote a LONG review comparing each componet of Tropicare to Zaino. Search it if you want the individual products comparison. But overall, Tropicare and Zaino are comparable in quality, but the cost is a bit more for Zaino.

For me, bottom line, I'm going to use the Tropicare, but will keep a little of the Z-2 (thats the base Zaino polish) for those extra special days when I want that pop (though tropicare's polish is about the same...except it give a bit "deeper shine" as opposed to Zaino's "crisper shine"). Just my .02!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Wash, clay bar, polish, sealant/wax.... in that order.
awesome thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good **** paint looks WET! I just used NXT and loved it, now I might wanna try this... if I understand you correctly, Arctic, I would polish THEN put wax on? So technically could I still use my NXT or is that the improper "wax" for the job?

-J
Old 04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BatmobileSS
Here is my car with just 1 quick coat of tropicare. I'm going to hit it again on friday and do a more thorough job.
Impressive work indeed.

On dark color cars there are number of different ways you can do last step products for different visual effects. For the more clear and reflective finish or metallics, it may be the TC-3 Polish/Sealant. Once you have applied up to 3 coats, you will plateau with the look and slickness. Additional applications will serve toward continued maintenance and personal preference.

For additional depth on the darker colors such as red, black or blues, you can also top the sealant with the TC-2 Liquid Wax (now available in a new spray version just this week) or our Tropi-Care Paste Wax. The wax also serves additional protection to the sealant.

Prior to all the finishing steps, it is still just as important to take the necessary preparation steps before achieving results like this. The use of a clay bar is an optional but highly recommended procedure to remove all surface contaminants to reveal a truly clean clear coat finish. In addition, this provides for a strong bond between the paint surface and the last step product.

Removal of ultra fine lines, swirl marks and spider scratches with products such as the TC-8 Swirl Cutter or appropriate chemical and the Porter Cable results in additional clarity and depth for darker colors. This step can be time consuming depending on the severity of surface blemishes but the results will speak for themselves. Hand treatments may provide some relief from ultra fine scratches but truly amazing results will be realized with the Porter Cable buffer.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet!

I can't wait to use mine, I just want a get a couple of scratches fixed first.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kickass man, mine is very similar to yours. Did you use a buffer to apply the product? Exactly which tropi-care products did you use?

I bought the PC buffer with the the tropi-care products last week in the special Steve offered and I'm dying to get started.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used a clay bar, TC-8 on some of the front end where needed and then just a quick coat of the TC-3. I did use a PC for this. I'm going to hit it again on friday when I have more time and it should really be damn near perfect.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What pads did you use for each product? What sort of spots were you correcting with the TC-8? Was this your first time using the PC buffer? Got any tips for me before I tackle mine this weekend?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by shudog
What pads did you use for each product? What sort of spots were you correcting with the TC-8? Was this your first time using the PC buffer? Got any tips for me before I tackle mine this weekend?
I used the orange pads with the TC-8 swirl remover. I had minimal swirls on my front end that I was getting rid of. It was the first time I used a PC. I went faster than I should have because I was in a hurry. The advice I have to offer is take it slow with overlapping motions and use the detail spray to keep the pad moist. With the TC-3 polish use the blue pad. You can go a little faster polishing.

You'll be very impressed with the results, I know I was!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I used the orange pads with the TC-8 swirl remover. I had minimal swirls on my front end that I was getting rid of. It was the first time I used a PC. I went faster than I should have because I was in a hurry. The advice I have to offer is take it slow with overlapping motions and use the detail spray to keep the pad moist. With the TC-3 polish use the blue pad. You can go a little faster polishing.

You'll be very impressed with the results, I know I was!
Comments such as these aren't the exception but quickly becoming normally recognized results.

The Porter Cable has a small learning curve as you get used to capabilities and performance of the machine. Once you are comfortable, doing hand applications will be a memory.

Using the lightly moistened orange pad/Swirl Cutter combination, you'll move across the surface at the rate of 1"/second at speed 5 on your dial. You'll notice the clarity improve as the ultra fine lines are being removed. Use the least aggressive approach for blemish correction.

Once satisfied with your surface condition, switch to the blue foam pad and TC-3 Polish/Sealant xP may be applied at speed 4. This can also be topped with a carnauba product such as a liquid or paste wax for greater depth on darker colors or additional surface protection.

Shudog:

Feel free to contact us with any questions before or during your machine use on your vehicle. We're here to help all who have taken advantage of our PCs or Tropi-Care products to achieve optimum results.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks so much, can't wait to get started!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Oh wow.... you sure are takin care of her. Great job man. I havent logged in for a long time. Thought i would glance and see if either of my SS's were up for sale yet.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I like your car, very nice job, looks great!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

I've been using NXT not anymore.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

BatmobileSS-Your car looks great!!!!

Steve, I've been using the TC stuff for a while-TC-3, soap & detail spray...
I've never mixed the products with other brands. "If" I were to use a carnuba product, outside of the TC line w/ the other stuff, will the results be good?

Quick Reply: Just polished with tropicare