Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's the deal with darton sleeves???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what's the deal with darton sleeves???

like the titles says, what's up with these sleeves...i can't really find any good info on them but what i scraps i have found pequed my interest. do they make your block stronger? do they add power? do they increase cooling system effciency? can they stand up to turbo+nirtous applications? do you have to use the evans pump w/ them?

...anything you guys have for me would be more than appreciated
Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

email Steve Demirjian, he's the co-developer of the darton sleeves and does all the installs.

race-engine-development@***.net
Old 04-18-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS101
like the titles says, what's up with these sleeves...i can't really find any good info on them but what i scraps i have found pequed my interest. do they make your block stronger? do they add power? do they increase cooling system effciency? can they stand up to turbo+nirtous applications? do you have to use the evans pump w/ them?

...anything you guys have for me would be more than appreciated
Best to talk to Steve for sure. I can answer a couple questions. I know that They can be used with FI and I know people with darton sleeves who do NOT use npg, but it's definitly recommended by even darton themselves. I don't see how they could add power other then the fact they enable you to increase bore size.

I'm sure even if you dont call Steve, he will eventually see this thread and respond. He checks here often.