LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

It Dont Run...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question It Dont Run...

can anybody please help me. i have a 94 formula with a lt1/6speed, heres what it does, sometimes it will sputter sometimes it just cuts out, and its dead, wont restart, sounds like a dead cranking sound, it always restarts, weather its right then, 2 minutes, 2 hours or two days. im scared to drive the car because i dont know when it will cut out.42 lb pressure, ive been told its the fuel pump, can/crank sencor,optispark, fuel relay, the anti theft system, ( its been butcherd ) now whats done to the car, lt4 hot cam, some port work, replaced the optispart,injectors,water pump,coil,its been to 6 shops, nobody can figure it out but are more than happy to throw parts at it, ive dumped almost 4 grand in trying to fix it. if anybody can please give me someideas of whats going on here id be forever greatful. please e-mail me at banditparts@yahoo.com"
Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

have you had a tune since the hot cam? if not that is probably the issue
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM

i bought it with the hot cam and porting already done, so i assume its been done, what do you mean by a "tune" this is my first electronic car, i have 6 t/a's and they all run great, because their carburated..
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

oh sorry, well generally when you do a cam or head work or any major performance gain, you should send the PCM to a tuner. ive never done it personally, because i do mine myself, but i hear pcmforless.com and madz28.com are good places. you just tell them your mods and they will reprogram your comp. i have heard that the stock pcm will work ok with a hot cam, but still i think it would be a good idea if it hasnt been done. other guys know more about this than i do, im sure somebody will chime in
Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

probably the optical sensor in the opti spark acting up
Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1999ssls1
probably the optical sensor in the opti spark acting up
+1 my camaro did that before too because of the opti. . . .sometimes they just randomly go out *they are very sensitive even if you replaced it go back and look again* it's weird. O.o - i'm going to switch to coil overs next chance i get.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Mine is doing pretty much the same thing. I am waiting to hear from MSD on whether they are going to warranty my Opti or if I am going to have to pay for repairs. What ever the case, I will keep you in mind and let you know if it fixes the problem or not. Injectors, wires and plugs have all been changed and still the same 'cutting off' problem persists. So, if and when I get the car fixed I will give you an update. Hopefully this helps. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: It Dont Run...