Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

Looking to relocate to DC

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Looking to relocate to DC

I'm currently in central PA, but I will be moving to DC in July (or sooner if I get a job). I am actually looking for a leasing consultant position (I'm a PA licensed REALTOR), but I will entertain other avenues since I enjoy cars, and have plenty of automotive experience.

I have been in the automotive business for over 5 years. This includes retail and dealership experience. I have worked for Keystone Automotive's retail stores (A&A), as well as Saturn, Chevrolet, and Subaru - all in parts. I have been modifying and racing since 99. I am only doing real estate work very part time, and working Chevrolet/Subaru full time to save for the move.

If anyone has any ideas of where to turn, let me know! If anyone happens to know anyone in leasing in DC, that'd be a help as well. Thanks!

Steve
Old 04-29-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve,

Looks like you going to be out my way. I have an internship in DC this summer and will likely be renting in Falls Church for 3 months. A really good area to look at for both a dealership and relator position is Warrenton, VA which is located in Fauquier Co. Rated #1 or 2 place to live in, in the US! Also, you wouldn't have to deal with the DC traffic as much. The area is blowing up! Check out this triangle fyi...Warrenton, Fredericksburg and Culpeper. Take care!

Kamran
Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info, Kamran. The issue with where I move to is that my gf will be working in Bethesda, and she doesn't want to live anymore than a half hours drive away (so I'm guess that'd be about 10 miles with traffic!). Personally, I am willing to drive a bit further since I'm more limited in my choices. I will check the areas you suggested!

Quick Reply: Looking to relocate to DC