Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

autometer oil and temp guage question

Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autometer oil and temp guage question

I have ProComp guages in my 86 c-10 and installing a gen 3 engine .....

I was wondering if i could just splice into the harness to my autometers and it would read the correct signal? or am i going to have to run the temp sender in the head on the opposite side and find a place for the oil pressure sender.

where do you guys tap into for oil pressure guages?

thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

it matters if you have a electric or manuel type, sounds like you have bought the electric type.. it should work...
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You will need to run both the LSx and autometer senders for temp. The 99+ LSx engines use a serial data signal for the temperature sender. Run the factory LSx sender the way it is and use the extra hole in the pass head for your autometer sender.

For the oil pressure you can remove the factory LSx sender because it is just there to run the gauge. The sender is right behind the intake manifold. Then use a metric to american adapter to put the autometer sender in.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Default autometers

I put a 5.3 from an 05 truck in my 66 c-10. I for my gauges I called autometer and they sent me a new sender that screws into the GEN III heads (you will have to remove a plug on either head) and you will have to drill and tap a piece bolted to the block by the oil filter to use the autometer oil sender. The serial data wires from the computer will not work with the autometers so you will have to make these changes.
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/1sick66/

Search this Thread